If you own a food processing facility you understand the importance of clean air quality flowing in and around your products. Imperial Systems is here to help keep the air clear with our professional air purification service.
There are a few questions your may be asking yourself, such as:
- What does a professional air purification service do?
- How does air quality affect the food in my facility?
- How do I know I need a professional air purification service?
- Is your current system NFPA compliant?
We have an answer for all of your questions. Let’s get started.
What Does a Professional Air Purification Service Do?
Imperial Systems designs and installs dust collection equipment, from dust collectors to duct fabrication. Whatever your specific needs are for your food processing plant, we can provide a solution and answer for it all.
Our loyalty doesn’t stop with your purchase, it continues with excellent customer service. If you have any questions about our products, or concerned with the function of any product, our specialists are here to help.
How Does Air Quality Affect The Food In My Facility?
In your food processing facility you may have particles gathering in the air, such as nuts, grains and fibers from multiple foods that collect, posing a threat to the foods you are packaging with contamination from other foods. This not only poses a threat to foods, but to customers as well. If you have nuts in your facility and you also process food without nuts, you may be cross-contaminating, causing a potential allergic reaction for a customer.
You also must keep in mind the health of your employees. Without proper air purification, you’re putting your employees at risk.
- Your employees may develop “farmer’s lung” which is a condition that leads to scarring and fibrosis of the lung.
- Employees may develop respiratory conditions affecting the bronchi and nasal passages.
- Grain dust accumulating in the air may cause combustion and hurting employees.
- Dust building up on machinery may cause malfunctions, potentially harming employees and also costing you money in replacing machinery.
How Do I Know I Need a Professional Air Purification Service?
According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), there are specific standards that all food processing facilities must meet. With Imperial Systems, you can be sure that you will meet and even exceed those standards.
More reasons that you may need a professional air purification service may be:
- Your facility needs to be humidified or dehumidified to the degree required.
- Air needs to be distributed to specific places.
- Room needs to be pressurized.
- Machinery is needed that is not a source of contamination.
- Filtering for clean air is required.
If you recognize your need for a professional air purification service, give Imperial Systems a call at 1-724-662-2801.